To Connect via Smartphone or Tablet:
- Click on the link in the message you received to connect to the Zoom meeting. You will be prompted to download the Zoom app (if you have not already) on your device.
- Download the Zoom app to your device and be sure the microphone is turned on in the settings.
- Go back to the link in the email and click on it to connect to the Zoom meeting.
- When prompted, select “join using internet connection for audio.”
- You should then be in the group. You may need to be sure your audio and video are on by clicking on the video camera icon or microphone icon on the Zoom screen.
To Connect via Desktop or Laptop Computer:
- Click on the link in the email you received to connect to the Zoom meeting. You will be prompted to download Zoom, allow this.
- After it downloads, you may need to go back to the email and click on the link once more to connect.
- When prompted, select “Join with Computer Audio.”
- You should then be in the group. You may need to click the microphone icon to turn on your sound or the video camera icon to turn on your video.
Once you are in:
- Hover your cursor over the bottom of your Zoom screen for the toolbar to appear. Then you can select from various options available during your meeting.
- When you join a meeting, the screen will default to Active Speaker view. This means whoever is making noise or speaking will show on your screen. To change this to Gallery view so you can see everyone, look in the top right-hand corner on your computer screen for the Gallery View option and click on it. If you are using an iPad or smartphone, you may need to click the + sign on the upper left of the picture to change to Gallery view. In a large meeting you will see an arrow on the right of the screen that you can click to scroll through multiple pages to see everyone.
- Locate the microphone icon and keep it muted (red line going through it) until you are ready to speak.
- There is also an icon that lets you show video of you or you can “mute” that also if you don’t want your picture shown to others.
- Look for the Chat box. You can read and leave typed messages here.
- Click on “Gallery View” to display all attendees on your screen at once.
- On a phone or tablet, you may have to touch your screen to display the microphone & video options.
- Put your laptop or phone camera at eye level for the best picture and close any window drapes or blinds behind you.
- If you are a family trying to get into the meeting on multiple devices, you will probably need to be in separate rooms to avoid echo and feedback unless you use headphones.